Buy Paintings now - Free Shipping
The picture above shows painting stretched on canvas and framed.
All paintings are made of quality material so the paintings retain their appearance in a dozen years.
All paintings are delivered stretched on canvas frames ready to hang on wall. In some cases it is necessary to ship paintings rolled, without canvas frames, if the paintings are to big for the delivery company. All paintings on paper are framed, as showed in the Store, ready for hang. But we can deliver other paintings framed, if you want, with reasonable cost. Just let us know.
We want you to feel like home while you handpick the paintings from the Store. Please contact us for any questions you need answered. We will do what we can to give you good services, high quality and safe delivery to your home. We hope to see you here again. Check back later to our website for new paintings . There’s much more to come.
The Painter - Jon Arnar
Jon Arnar was born in Reykjavik, Iceland in 1960. His drawing skills were noticed early and enjoyed by family and friends. During his high-school years he illustrated the school magazines and made drawings for other venues.
Educated as electrical engineer, stockbroker and MBA his challenging job drew him from fully exploring himself as an artist. In 1997 his first experiments in oil paintings resulted in solo exhibition in the year 2000. He gradually strengthened his techniques with oil colors with studies in Reykjavik School of Visual Art from 2001 – 2003 and Master Class with Bjarni Sigurbjornsson 2013. Since he started to paint he has participated in about 20 exhibitions and continues on the road of endless creation
Here in the Gallery and Webstore you can see some of his work. Jon Arnar is a music and nature lover and the themes emerge in his paintings as well as his grasp of Reykjavik city streets and surroundings.
Solo and other exhibitions
• Suðurhus in Grafarvogur, Reykjavík, 2000
• Cafe Milano, Reykjavik, 2001
• Grafarvogsdagur, Rimaskóli, Reykjavik, 2001
• Cafe Milano, Reykjavik, 2003
• Cafe Milano, Reykjavik, 2005
• MND Exhibition in Reykjavik Energy, Reykjavik, 2007
• Cafe Milano, Reykjavik, 2007
• Reykjavik Energy, Reykjavik, 2008
• Culture Festival, Substation by Austurbæjarskóli, Reykjavik, 2008
• Culture Festival, Watertank in Öskjuhlíð, Reykjavik, 2009
• Cafe Milano, Reykjavik, 2011
• Art 67, Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2012
• Reykjavik City Hall, 2012
• Vikin Maritime Museum, 2013
• Reykjavik City Hall, 2013
• Art 67, Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2014
• Harpa Concert Hall, Reykjavik, 2014
• Gerduberg Culture House, Reykjavik, 2015
• Art 67, Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2016 (20x40)
• Skumaskot Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2016 (11,5x17)
• Art 67, Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2017 (30x20)
• Art 67, Art Gallery, Reykjavik, 2022 (30x30)